Activities and features of Winterlake Lodge:
- Sign up for services offered at the new wellness center
- Enjoy the culinary arts of the Winterlake kitchen or attend a cooking class
- Arrange for a fly-out fishing expedition
- Take a canoe trip
- Explore a series of trails around the lodge
- Experience a dog mushing adventure (both winter and summer)
- Enjoy comfortable cabins with individual bathrooms.
Please contact Rust's Flying Service for information on rates and packages. Our team will work with you to help you choose an Alaska wilderness lodge experience that embodies the Alaska of your dreams.
Winterlake Lodge offers seclusion, relaxation, luxury and spectacular scenery. Located along Alaska's historic Iditarod Trial, this Alaska wilderness lodge features amazing cuisine, culinary classes and many “Within the Wild” Alaska adventures.
The Winterlake Lodge lies 198 trail miles northwest of Anchorage along Alaska's historic Iditarod Trial. The lodge sits on 15 acres overlooking Winterlake, a finger-shaped 2-mile lake where we land by floatplane in the summer and ski plane in the winter.
Winterlake offers seclusion and spectacular scenery. Views of the Trimble Glacier and the beginnings of the Rainy Pass are visible from the lake. Behind the lodge, Wolverine Mountain offers intriguing hiking and wildlife viewing.
Relax in the health center with a massage or a soak in the wood fired hot tub. Enjoy the thrill of a dog sled experience on the National Historic Iditarod Trail. Take a cooking course or simply relax and dine on the amazing cuisine served in this spectacular setting.