Unguided Day Fishing
Other important information:
- You will need an AK fishing license and possibly king salmon tags. You may purchase them at Rust’s or at sporting goods store in Alaska.
- You will need to familiarize yourself or have knowledge of the AK fishing regulations.
- Dress in layers and plan for inclement weather. Even Alaskans plan for cool windy weather on the water in the summertime bring hats, gloves, and wear multiple layers of clothing.
- Bring a lunch, snacks, beverages, bug repellent and sunscreen.
- You must bring either hip boots or chest waders, fishing gear including rod, reel and tackle.
- You may bring fish back with you on the plane, you should bring trash bags to transport the fish as large coolers cannot be accommodated. Rust's has freezer space available at the office.
- Rust's would be happy to refer you to a local company for processing and shipping.
- We rarely cancel for weather since it is a short easy flight over to the fishing areas. If we need to cancel for weather, we will try to reschedule. If your schedule can not accommodate a new date, we will refund your money.
$ 295 to $795 plus a 3% transportation fee per person
Rust’s Alaska Unguided Fly in Fishing Trips
Fish for Salmon, trout, grayling, pike on a 1-day or multi-night unguided fly-in fishing trip. Rust’s will fly you there and pick both you and your fish up at the end of your trip. This is a do-it-yourself fishing trip for those have experience in Alaska; you will have to bring your own gear.
Your unguided Anchorage fly-in fishing trip includes:
- Seaplane flight to your destination
- Courtesy shuttle from the Anchorage airport and many Anchorage hotels
- The best seat in the house! All passengers get a window seat and 2-way headset
- Wildlife watching. It is not uncommon to spot bear and moose in route
- Knowledge (and personality) of an Alaska bush pilot
- Rust’s meticulous attention to comfort and safety