|Note: King Salmon season closes July 13.|
Guided Fishing Trips
Guided Day Fishing
Guided Day Fly-Fishing
Guided Fishing Trips Include
- Fishing gear and boat as required
- Hearty lunch with refreshments
- Courtesy shuttle from the Anchorage airport and many Anchorage hotels
- Seaplane flight – All passengers get a window seat and 2-way headset during flight
- Extensive knowledge (and personality) of an Alaska bush pilot
- Rust’s meticulous attention to comfort and safety
- Please note that the King Salmon fishing is catch and release only in 2021.
- You will need an AK fishing license and possibly king salmon tags. These items are easier than ever to purchase. You can even do it from your phone. Please visit the Alaska Department of Fish and Game online store to purchase.
- Dress in layers and plan for inclement weather. Even Alaskans plan for cool windy weather on the water in the summertime. Bring hats, gloves, and wear multiple layers of jackets, wind gear sweaters, Tee shirts… well, you get the idea.
- If you only have time for a half-day trip, we can arrange that but the price is the same as for the whole day trip.
- If you want to keep your catch, your guide will clean it and prepare it for transport back to Anchorage. For further packaging, processing and shipping, we can assist.
- We do not often cancel for weather since it is a short easy flight over to the fishing areas. If we need to cancel for weather, we will try to reschedule. If your schedule can not accommodate a new date, we will refund your payment.
Guided Fishing FAQ
What should I wear/bring?
Be prepared to spend the day outside, we would recommend layers. You should have good walking shoes or light hiking boots, sunglasses, film/batteries, long pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt, light coat, raingear, and mosquito repellent. The lodge will provide all the fishing equipment you will need for the day.
Is it okay to bring my own equipment?
Yes, just let us know how much you will be taking.
Where can I purchase a fishing license?
You will need a fishing license. It is easier than ever to get a fishing license. Please visit the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Online Store to purchase.
Can I fly fish?
Yes, however there is a two-person minimum for fly-fishing trips.
How many people will be in the boat with me?
There are usually 3 or 4 people per boat/ per guide.
How long is the flight?
Approximately 35 minutes.
How many people will I see on the river?
There will be quite a few other people, depending on the time of the year, but not like you would see on the Kenai and other rivers connected to the road system.
How big is Lake Creek?
You will be fishing the lower 3 miles, which varies between 50-100 yards wide.
Will I be wading?
Spin fishing is typically done from the boat, while fly-fishing is almost exclusively wading. The lodge does provide hip boots if they are needed.
Is lunch included?
A hearty lunch will be provided.
Can I keep my catch?
Dependent on species, season, and current regulations, some dates are catch-and-release only. Inquire for more information.
What do I do with my fish at the end of the day?
If you want to keep your catch, your guide will clean it and prepare it for transport back to Anchorage. For further packaging, processing and shipping, we can assist.
King salmon is catch and release only in 2021.
Fishing with Rusts
Experience some of the world’s best salmon and trout fishing in Alaska’s back country, only 35 minutes away from Anchorage by seaplane. Rust’s Flying Service will fly you to the scenic, productive clear water of Lake Creek for fishing with a knowledgeable and capable guide. The entire day is a not to be missed fishing and wilderness adventure. Our fishing trips cater to both the experienced and novice fisherman. You will enjoy the great fishing at Lake Creek and lunch prepared by a remote lodge.
While salmon runs change throughout the summer, you can depend on our advice concerning what fish species are available to meet your trip schedule. Silver salmon (some anglers think that they are the most exciting salmon because they attack flies and lures readily and run and jump) run late into the summer. Trout fishing is available summer and fall.