Join Our Team!
Now hiring all positions!
We have been in business for 60+ years and are a well established Part 135 off airport flight service located in Anchorage Alaska. Rusts is Lake Hood’s oldest and largest seaplane operator. We have built our success on many long-established relationships within the Alaskan community. Alaska is home to world class hunting, fishing, and the ultimate playground for nature lovers. We are looking for someone to join our team that has pride in their work and enthusiasm for what they do. The perfect candidate is safety minded and conscientious of their work and is someone who wants to enjoy where they work and who they work for. We believe in safety first, production second and a fun work atmosphere third.
Full Time Aircraft Mechanics
- Top industry pay.
- $7500 Signing Bonus or $7500 relocation bonus for full time employee with IA
- Work schedule: 1 week on, 1 week off nights with shift differential pay during summer months. 4-10’s days in winter months.
- Medical insurance package,
- 401K program,
- Flight benefits on company aircraft available.
- Paid Time off
- Seasonal or full-time positions available
- 5 years general aviation maintenance experience preferred and
- Preferred experience on Gipps GA8-320, Cessna 185/ 206/ 208, deHavilland DHC-2/2T/3T and PT6A engines
- All experience levels are encouraged to apply.
- Avionics experience a plus
- Must be able to work nights, weekends & summer holidays, as needed.
- Must have own hand tools or be willing to purchase those necessary to perform job.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Willing to work outdoors in inclement weather on occasion.
- Work under the supervision of the Shop Lead mechanic, or DOM.
- Complete all tasks assigned with demonstrated competency and accuracy.
- IA experience favorable.
To apply please email a copy of your resume to Colin Rust at firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: employment or by fax to Attn: Colin Rust at (907)771-2151
Seasonal Professional Float Pilots
Now hiring for summer 2023 Alaska floatplane positions. If you are a professional float pilot or semi-retired from a previous aviation career and want to get back into float flying, we would like to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary guarantee plus flight time. Tips additional. Schedule is five days on, two off.
Todd Rust, DO
Email resume to: email@example.com
Seasonal Customer Service and Dock Positions – Perfect for high school and college students!
We invite you to join our fun, hardworking team! Spend your summer on Lake Hood helping local Alaskans and visitors from around the world see some of Alaska’s most incredible backcountry by floatplane. Work in a fun, fast paced, exciting atmosphere while making a competitive wage and enjoying flight perks. Our ideal candidate is friendly, hardworking and well qualified.
Seasonal Summer Positions
- Customer Service Agents – Each day is a new adventure in our office! Our visitors are off to see National Parks, majestic glaciers, fishing, and so much more and our customer service rock stars help get them there! Duties include:
- Greet and check in guests
- Drive shuttle to pick up guests at local hotels
- Take reservations
- Answer phones
- Keep our gift shop stocked
- Keep office looking great
- Other duties as assigned
- Dockhands – Work outdoors on the lake all summer! This is a fun, fast paced environment with no two days the same. Our dock jocks (this position can be a work out!) keeps our operation running smoothly! Duties include:
- Assist pilots in loading and fueling planes
- Guide planes at docks during departures and returns
- Wash and clean aircraft
- Assist guests with luggage
- Load planes with supplies to remote lodges
- Other duties as assigned
You may also print and bring it by the office in person or mail it to:
Rust’s Flying Service