Keeping You Happy and Healthy!
Our Commitment to our Guests, Staff, and Community:
Thank you for choosing Rust’s Flying Service! Our team is committed to excellence throughout each part of your travel experience with us. Our hearts go out to those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand these are uncertain times there is a lot to consider when planning your Alaska vacation. Our number one priority is, and has always been, the health and safety of our guests and staff. We are closely monitoring the situation and would like to provide you with the most up to date information.
Flying into Alaska on or after August 11th?:
Travel Update! August 11, 2020 Alaska’s new travel protocols take effect Tuesday, Aug. 11. All non-residents must arrive with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure or proof of a pending test result from a test taken within 72 hours prior to departure. This new strategy will allow us to focus resources on travel within the state. More details of the plan will be posted as information becomes available.
- Test 72 hours before departure, and upload negative result into the Alaska Travel Portal (link will be available soon)
- If tested 72 hours before departure and awaiting results, travelers will need to upload proof of test taken into the Alaska Travel Portal and quarantine while waiting.
- If a non-resident arrives without a pre-test, testing is available for $250 per test. The traveler will be required to quarantine while waiting on results.
- Testing remains available at no cost to Alaska residents.
- 14 day quarantine is still available to Alaska residents.
- Alaska residents traveling back to home communities in rural Alaska will now have the option of testing at the airport sites, to prevent bringing the virus into our small communities.
Read the detailed requirements and information at: Health Mandates Information
Flying into Alaska prior to August 11th?:
The State of Alaska Health Mandate 010 gives clear requirements for all travelers arriving in Alaska from another state or country. All travelers must provide a qualified negative COVID-19, participate in a test once arriving in Alaska, or quarantine for 14 days. More information can be found here: State of Alaska Traveler Information Page
To summarize the mandate, anyone arriving from outside Alaska must follow one the following:
- Take a molecular-based test within 72 hours prior to departure and bring negative test results when you travel, fill out an online travel declaration form prior to arrival.
- Take a test within 72 hours prior to departure and travel with results still pending, fill out an online travel declaration form prior to arrival, quarantine until you receive negative test results.
- Take a molecular-based test within 5 days prior to departure, travel with negative test results, fill out an online travel declaration form, test at the airport upon arrival and limit interactions until you have new test results.
- Travel without prior testing, fill out an online travel declaration form and take a test upon arrival, self-quarantine pending a negative test result.
- Travel without prior testing, then self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
- If you’ve previously recovered from COVID-19: Travel, fill out an online travel declaration form, and provide test results and a recovery note.
In our best effort in keeping guests and staff safe and healthy, we have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- Those guests/passengers traveling from outside of Alaska, must show their completed State of Alaska Mandatory Declaration Form for Interstate Travelers. Only guests that have received a negative test result or have quarantined for 14 days upon arrival in Alaska will be permitted to fly. We will work with all guests following the mandate to reschedule or refund if necessary:
- Proof of positive test – 90% refund
- Took test 72 hours prior to travel and have not received results? Try to reschedule for later in their trip. Cannot reschedule? 90% refund
- Took test 5 days prior to travel and have not received results? Try to reschedule for later in their trip. Cannot reschedule? 90% refund
- Did not take test prior to arrival in Alaska. Took test at airport upon arrival and are scheduled to fly before test results come back (supposed to quarantine) – will try to reschedule but no refund (please call us prior to your trip if this is your only option).
- Did not test, agreed to a 14 day quarantine but scheduled to fly during dates of quarantine. We will not reschedule or refund any guest trying to fly during their 14 day quarantine.
- We have adjusted our cancellation policy to be more forgiving during this unprecedented time. As promised, any booking made prior to June 5, 2020 may cancel up to 72 hours prior to scheduled tour. Any tours booked after June 5 will still enjoy an more forgiving cancellation policy:
- 14 days or more notice – 90% refund.
- Within 14 days we are unable to refund for tours booked after June 5, 2020.
- All CDC recommendations/guidelines will be adhered to. To learn more visit the CDC website: COVID-19
- Our aircraft will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day, and between flights. This includes but is not limited to, door handles, headsets, seatbelts, headrests, and hard surfaces.
- Our vans will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day, and between every pickup and drop off. This includes but is not limited to, door handles, head rests, seatbelts, and hard surfaces. Guests are encouraged to self-drive when possible.
- The office will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning of every shift and throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to restrooms, door knobs/handles, counters, and hard surfaces.
- Facemasks are required for all guests when traveling in our shuttle and aircraft, and when within 6 feet of people outside of their party.
- We will email an online health questionnaire the day before scheduled flight. This questionnaire will ask that all guests are feeling well and that they have not knowingly come in contact with an individual/s that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Based on advice from medical experts in infectious diseases, guests exhibiting flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19 will not be permitted to fly.
- Employees of Rust’s Flying Service are required to fill out a daily health questionnaire and are required to remain home should they exhibit any COVID related symptoms.
- Guests will have access to handwashing stations and/or hand sanitizer before, and after their tour.
Please note: We promise to do our best in mitigating the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Due to the nature of our tours, there will be times that being within 6 feet of other parties will be unavoidable. We ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and fellow passengers safe. Please practice frequent and proper hand washing, use the provided hand sanitizer, and wear a mask in our vans and aircraft.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We appreciate your consideration and look forward to welcoming you to Rust’s Flying Service.