Keeping You Happy and Healthy!
Our Commitment to our Guests, Staff, and Community:
Thank you for choosing Rust’s Flying Service! Our team is committed to excellence throughout each part of your travel experience with us. Our hearts go out to those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand these are uncertain times there is a lot to consider when planning your Alaska vacation. Our number one priority is, and has always been, the health and safety of our guests and staff. We are closely monitoring the situation and would like to provide you with the following information:
For the for most up to date State of Alaska COVID-19 travel mandates please visit: https://covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/
We are happy to announce that we are now offering flightseeing tours for Summer 2020. In our best effort in keeping everyone safe and healthy, we have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- We have adjusted our cancellation policy to be more forgiving during this unprecedented time. As promised, any booking made prior to June 5, 2020 may cancel up to 72 hours prior to scheduled tour. Any tours booked after June 5 will still enjoy an more forgiving cancellation policy:
- 14 days or more notice – 90% refund.
- Within 14 days we are unable to refund for tours booked after June 5, 2020.
- All CDC recommendations/guidelines will be adhered to. To learn more visit the CDC website: COVID-19
- Our aircraft will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day, and between flights. This includes but is not limited to, door handles, headsets, seatbelts, headrests, and hard surfaces.
- Our vans will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day, and between every pickup and drop off. This includes but is not limited to, door handles, head rests, seatbelts, and hard surfaces. Guests are encouraged to self-drive when possible.
- The office will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning of every shift and throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to restrooms, door knobs/handles, counters, and hard surfaces.
- Facemasks are required for all guests when traveling in our shuttle and aircraft, and when within 6 feet of people outside of their party.
- We will email an online health questionnaire the day before scheduled flight. This questionnaire will ask that all guests are feeling well and that they have not knowingly come in contact with an individual/s that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Based on advice from medical experts in infectious diseases, guests exhibiting flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19 will not be permitted to fly.
- Employees of Rust’s Flying Service are required to fill out a daily health questionnaire and are required to remain home should they exhibit any COVID related symptoms.
- Guests will have access to handwashing stations and/or hand sanitizer before, and after their tour.
Please note: We promise to do our best in mitigating the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Due to the nature of our tours, there will be times that being within 6 feet of other parties will be unavoidable. We ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and fellow passengers safe. Please practice frequent and proper hand washing, use the provided hand sanitizer, and wear a mask in our vans and aircraft.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We appreciate your consideration and look forward to welcoming you to Rust’s Flying Service.